What is the Towns Fund?
The Towns Fund is a £3.6 billion fund established by the government to level up towns and cities around the country.
The government has invited towns and cities like Preston to develop proposals for a Town Deal in collaboration with their community.
For more information about the scheme please visit the Preston City Council website.
The Cultural Framework Board works with the Towns Fund
The Cultural Framework Board is working on a number of new initiatives for Preston, these include:
Transforming Friargate North and Ringway
A development scheme for Ringway focusing on the Friargate junction. Works due to commence at the end of 2021 and complete in 2023.
How the Board will get involved?
- Offer advice on introducing artistic elements to the scheme
- Help in the recruitment of an artist as part of the design team help shape the scheme and propose creative solutions to issues
- Engage artists early in the process.
Hebei University, China and UCLans Centenary Partnership Programme October 2021
The Board is looking forward to supporting the programme of activity in the city of Preston.
Proposed Programme so far:
- International dance where groups around the world learn a set dance and perform at the same time on a set date.
- Textile link highlighted and connection to the British Textile Biennial - 1 - 31 October 2021
- Link to the Lancashire Encounter Festival - September 2021 and its focus on procession heritage, art exchange with potential skill sharing, talks and/or creative content.